Wednesday, March 21

The Cardigan

Where is it?
Usually it is right here.
I begin to rotate one hanger for another in my closet of  must haves. Only seconds pass yet a little panic is starting to rise within. The idea of it being gone stings my eyes. "Slow down, it's here", breathlessly I whisper to myself. Finally, my fingers get to it before my eyes can...my heart starts to relax and happiness is once again restored.  There clutched between my finger is my favorite....
outfit saving,
 
temperature controlling,
 memory holding,

 irreplaceable....
cardigan. 

Maybe Mr. Rogers was your first introduction to this item of leisure.
If he were still alive yesterday would have been his birthday.
Or...maybe it was one of the many fashion icons from one generation to the next...
The Cardigan.....
named after a British Army Major General during the Crimean War (1853-1856), James Brudenell,
7th Earl of Cardigan

Is here to stay.

Do you have a can't live without cardigan? 

Photobucket

7 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

I love wearing cardis as well. They are perfect for spring or summer nights and make the outfit look super snazzy. Happy Wed! Kisses, sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely have a favorite cardigan. Not having one would be like not having a messy desk.....

Unknown said...

I have a couple of favorites! They are perfect for summer days in the car with the a/c on.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Did you know that "Mr. Rogers" was a special forces soldier?? It's true!

I love cardigans, but I don't have a special one really. I do have a special scarf though, that's so large it's more like a shawl and I love, love, love it!!!

Ashley said...

Ha, I have several! They all have very specific purposes, just like you said. I actually have two that are almost and identical color -- one that is oversize and cozy for cold winter days and one that is more delicate for spring and early summer. And I didn't realize that the cardigan was named after a British Army General. So interesting!

fruit.root.leaf. said...

Just getting back into cardigans...no pun intended. Slowly stocking up on them, and each new (to me) thrift store find holds the "favorite" spot for a while.

Unknown said...

I definitely can't live without a cardigan in So Cal! There's always a little chill in the breeze here, and I love to bundle mine up in my bag until I need. I have a 2 degree temperature tolerance, I swear!