Tuesday, July 17

Anchors Aweigh!


Last Saturday I spent the entire day in a classroom with Deputy Spencer taking a boaters class. 
While it isn't a requirement, I thought I should learn the rules of the water for the sake of safety.
 My new Boating Safety Certificate looks pretty good on the fridge. 







Just for fun..here are a few questions to answer:

Swimming- Lake or Ocean
(My answer- Lake)
Boat- Sail boat or Motor Boat
(Motor Boat)
Tattoo- Anchor or Nautical Star
(Anchor)
Clothing- Blue and White stripes or All White
(Don't make me pick...I love them both)
Drink- Pina Colada or Margarita  
(Pina colada)

I hope you can float away, if for just a moment, to somewhere beautiful today.
Happy Sailing!



Photobucket

7 comments:

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

A day on the water sounds pretty perfect right now! Living in SoCal means the beach is literally just minutes away but I find myself working so much, I NEED to make time for it! The perfect reminder...thanks for this!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Anonymous said...

I had a boaters permit when I was in 6th grade. I have no clue why, but it was a requirement for 6th graders to take the course.

Swimming- Lake or Ocean
Lake. The ocean kind of scares me so I rarely go in above my hip.
Boat- Sail boat or Motor Boat
I've only ever been in a motor boat
Tattoo- Anchor or Nautical Star
Neither. But if I had to choose-star
Clothing- Blue and White stripes or All White
stripes, even though the nautical print makes me think of the single family portrait we have hanging in my parents living room.
Drink- Pina Colada or Margarita
Margarita!

Mitzi said...

Lake,but actually prefer a pool.
Motor boat or pontoon.
Anchor-makes me think of my Navy Dad.
All white-me in stripes(hahaha)
Both on ice.

Have a fun day. LFM

KB {Tragic and Lovely} said...

Love it! Boating is the best. I'd pick motor boat - tubing, cruising, skiing...just awesome. I'd pick an anchor too!

GingerG17 said...

Ocean
Sail
Star
Blue & White Stripes
Both!!!

When I was a child my mother made us matching mother/daugther dresses complete with sailor's collars and ties. Loved those dresses...and I was/still am a tomboy and don't usually like dresses. Your post reminded me of those dresses. Thanks!

grlcreative.com.mx said...

such cute pics!
ur blog is lovely:D


Check out my blog and join my GIVEAWAY!

WIN 100$ TO SPEND ON SHEINSIDE!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

I think I'd like an anchor tattoo now please. Congrats on your new accomplishment :)