Sunday, July 25

Up..up and away

It's one of those things that you read about in books or magazine articles when a group of friends set out for a weekend away. Away from husbands and kids...away from responsibilities...a weekend just for girlfriends. As I sit here tonight I can see my bag packed full of swim suits (not my favorite article of clothing) and cottage clothing for our second annual "girls weekend". I am flying to Michigan tomorrow! Within days I will be sitting around a camp fire drinking wine, eating smores and catching up with my best friends. What could be better?
Photos from last "girls weekend"...




My first few days will be with my family, but I'll be posting throughout the week.

Do you ever have "girls weekends"?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! I had a girls weekend years ago, time to do another I guess!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Looks like a GREAT time!!

A GF and I went to Folk school, slept in a dorm. After that we took off in her Class b camper and went to explore the East coast and all the light houses. I was gone for 2 weeks, Had a ball.
Look at August 2007 on my blog. there are several post.

Enjoy your getaway!!!

RedPoppy said...

you are so fortunate to have such a lovely group of friends with whom to meet with each year. So much fun!!

Aleksandra Nearing said...

Looks like fun! I've never been on a girl's only trip...but I'm OK with that :)