Wednesday, April 8

Florida on my mind....

The six day absence of our majestic star that provides warmth and happiness is wearing on me. 1,2,3,4,5,6....days without lifting my head to the sky. One hundred and forty four hours of this depressing ceiling, endless droplets of water and gale force winds leaves me with no choices.... After hours of surfing discount flights, bottles of tan in a can and countless tear soaked Kleenex, madness set in.

Empty pockets and desperate measures I pulled on my floral rubbers. Capped in black I made my way to the nearest bank, channeling the Barbie Bandits. I needed money. Mary Poppins style, I made my way across the street until this...


Ego deflated, twisted ankles and two broken nails I hobbled my way home. Hoping to stumble upon a tanning bed.


*The bank robbing is fictional. No need to alert the authorities. I just like tell stories. I am however still looking for flights south, it is now snowing. Sigh.

9 comments:

Ann Harrison said...

Man, I understand. We had 4 days in a row of no rain, and sun. It's amazing what the sunshine can do for your spirits!!

j said...

we're like soul mates, ann. for real. and how much does that ski mask photo make me laugh?! i totally saw YOU on a bike in anchorage today!!!

let's run away! it's horrific here still. snow everywhere. when does it become spring?!?!

i would so surrender to a tanning bed- but the fetus doesn't have those little eye protectors in there...and i fear for his ocular safety...

Furry Bottoms said...

*snickers* hahaha I'm sorry but you in that ski mask!!! I'm the opposite of you though. I like the sun, I truly do, but I like it when its overcast a bit better. OR if its sunnnnny but a little chilly, thats my kind of weather. I have to have something cold to feel "right". When summer comes... I become a bitch on wheels because of the heat.

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Looks like we are a sisterhood of sick and tired of SNOW!There are plenty of us for a support group. Enuf is enuf.Lol

Tiffany said...

Ugh. We left Colorado after a year cause I just couldn't do the snow. So Cal girl, born and raised.

The mask is a good look though....

T

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

I hope it gets better. I hate it when it rains all the time. We had a summer once where it rained nonstop yuck. Lets us know how it turns out.

Heather at Mad Rose Creations said...

Geez after reading this I'm ready for Florida. And we actually had Spring show up here for two days. Now, of course, we are waiting for the rain and chill to start again. (sigh)

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! The mask and umbrella were a hoot-hang in there-spring should arrive there about July-haha. ME

Unknown said...

LOL !!!

We are having intereting weather, here in Reno, as well and I have an umbrella that could be the twin sister to yours!!