Wednesday, November 16

Nurse Ann, Annie the Nanny, Aunt Annie......

Just when my seat was starting to get warm in Idaho I was asked to fly to Michigan to help out a friend. My one piece of luggage was just big enough for me to pack all of my hats: nurse, aunt, nanny, cleaning lady, dog groomer, chauffeur, counselor, friend, in-law, daughter......

Speaking of hats, my hat goes off to all of you parents. My goodness there is a lot to remember and too much to manage. Now, going days without a shower because it's hard to find the time or wearing whatever is within sight makes sense to me. Not to mention just how unimportant it all is when you have the chance to hold a child in your arms, listen to them sound out new words for their spelling test or hear them laugh so hard they may burst open with happiness. So many emotions, so many new experiences, so lucky you are....

Since my sister and parents live within 45 minutes of where I am staying I've had the opportunity to see them and to watch my nieces and nephew doing (nail biting) extracurricular activities. I feel alive when I hear "Aunt Annie......"

My friend is doing well enough that today we are going to make cupcakes. What are you doing?


Photobucket

Photos from WeHeartIt

Next post....is a giveaway! Hint $$$$$$$

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh....I want a cupcake! Not much happening here today. We had sunshine earlier, but it seems to be clouding up and getting cold. I can't complain...it's mid-November and it was 65 degrees here yesterday!

Mitzi said...

Nice post. Your blogger friends wish you would write more often. Cupcakes sound wonderful.Have a fun day.

Jill said...

I've been wondering where you went? I hope all is well. It wasn't Betsy right?

wedding dresses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.