Friday, October 31

Face Lift


I already need a face lift. The black background is making me feel old with a frown line. It looks so cool on other sites. It's like the little black dress... sometimes it takes trying on a few before you find the right one. But, I love black. I wear black more than any other color. (Slimming) When asked what my favorite color, it's black but I say pink/tan (runners up) so I do not present myself as dark and or morbid, you know gothesque. That has to be a parents nightmare. Little Jimmy wearing eyeliner. Remember Blackie on General Hospital? What a hottie. With apprehension I admit I have Black Betty on my mp3 player. I like Back in Black by ACDC. Mostly because it reminds me of my oldest sister. Valedictorian of her class, tall lanky blond... super smart, rock'en out. Funny. There has never been a better time to be an aunt than when I get to tell my nieces and nephews about their parents when they were young. A couple months ago my Aunt Doe and her husband came to visit my parents for the weekend. I happened to be there also. We spent hours one night talking about my dad. What a special time. I hope all of you have the opportunity to do this with someone special. Finally, with paper and pen I wrote about my dad so I will be able to share it with my kids some day.Have you had the opportunity to do this? What comes to mind when you think of black? TGIF, don't let a black cat cross your path.
***Picture taken today on my drive to Stanley***

2 comments:

Jill said...

I know what you mean about the black background, I love black but not so much on blogs because it definitely sets a tone.

It's always interesting to hear stories from our parents' youth. I asked my dad tonight if he trick or treated as a kid (because I just couldn't picture it) and he said "No." That's both sad and not surprising.

The photo is beautiful!

MaryRC said...

When I think about black I think of my sweater, my glasses, my shoes and Back in Black by ACDC... Its a habit color of mine, but i say blue and then pink are my favorites...