Monday, May 24

Happy National Patriot's Day Canada!

There is nothing better than a holiday falling on a Monday. I love three day weekends. Today we are relaxing from a busy weekend going here and there. The sun draws me outside, but I'm just as happy looking out at the glorious day. My absence from blogging has me feeling behind yet o.k. with the decision.

Here is a little something I made yesterday...

A while back I saw something like this on another blog. (Check out Burlap and Blue...to see how cute it really can look.) I went to the dollar store and purchased the three canvas frames and purchased the three colors of craft paint. I went online and found silhouettes of birds. I can not draw, but with a little practicing on paper I drew the branches and birds. Less than $10.00 and now I have something on my naked wall. I'm thinking about painting the middle one by connecting the two with a branch. For now, I will keep it this way.

How was your weekend?

5 comments:

burlap+blue said...

Love these! So fresh and modern! I did something similiar on my blog a while back...who doesn't love birds and silhouettes? :)

Adrienne said...

very pretty I really like the birds =)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Fabulous!!!! You did a fantastic job!

Anonymous said...

WOW!

elvira pajarola said...

Si....This is an absolutely magnificient work; be proud on it...art is what comes from the inside...FANTASTIC!!!!!!

GO on like this...Ann...!!
ciao ciao elvira