Thursday, December 24

It's going to be all right,,,not great, just all right


That's right, I'm pulling myself up by my boot straps. Or, if your parents never said that to you.... I'm pulling my head out of my %^$ <--I don't think you want a photo of that. LOL I was missing my tree,(a tree)so I added lights to the front window.

With money being what it is (non-existent) my husband and I decided to make light of the situation... Yesterday we each got $10.00 and went to The Dollar Store. We had to pick out 10 things for the other person to fill their stocking with. Every time I passed Jaige in the store he was smiling and exclaiming how much fun he was having.
(We brought our own canvas bags, so we couldn't see what was inside.)
It was pretty funny and this way we will have something to open on Christmas...

That's right...I was pulling myself up by my boot straps.

Have a Wonderful Christmas Eve!
Off to make some cookies....

12 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a fun idea! Have a Merry Christmas, Ann!

Missy said...

What a great idea!
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Jill said...

Your dollar store game sounds like a really fun idea. I hope you have a wonderful day at home together.

Lorri S said...

That seems to be the case with a lot of people this year. I was lucky and got to use gift certificates to do my shopping this year. I agree, the dollar store run sounds fun.

Merry Christmas!!

Mitzi said...

As always-you make us laugh.Make the best of the situation-count your blessing and have a wonderful Christmas.
We are thinking of you and all your other family members who are not here with us either. Love transends the miles,my dear.

Cynthia K. said...

Oh, that sounds like so very much fun!! You're very blessed to have someone special to share this holiday (holy day) with...

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

The Whispering Creek House said...

Good for you!!! YAY!!Merry Christmas to you my new friend!

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

I think your shopping spree was great!
J and I never exchange gifts. We give donations to the animal shelter and a horses rescue agency. Some years it's a bigger check than others. This year was small, but it comes from our hearts.

Merry Christmas to you both!
Misha

Stockpiling Mom said...

Thanks so much for the follow! Following you too!

http://www.stockpilingmom.com

Queenie Jeannie said...

Good girl!!

Blogs said...

Happy Sits Sunday:) Hope its a fabulous one!:)

Groovewoman said...

FANTASTIC IDEA my friend... I am DYING to know what was in Each of yall's stockings!! You need to fill us in.

Oh and here we are on the SAME budget page again... we couldn't afford a tree this year either. So we skipped it and put our $$ towards gifts for our little man's gifts. :D