Friday, July 24

One of those days.....

I was having "one of those days". They are usually difficult days when the sun makes obscure retreats at the most inopportune time. Or, when a cold breeze wraps around my warm body, while sayings something negative. A day of random thoughts.

This time I was questions things about myself. Sigh.... I made a comment to my friend...."I don't feel fun". Our conversation quickly ended with a slight tilt of her head and puckered lips...."You're kidding, right." I wasn't, but I guess that answered my question.

Later that day, I received a phone call, before I could talk I heard her (my friend) rattling off lists of "fun" things that I have said and done.

Less than a week later, (today) on a very gloomy day, (that I am enjoying) I opened my mailbox to find a handmade card, (insert a happy face here)... with a very special message reminding me that I am "Fun".


Although, that random thought came and went without a lot of brewing... I'm glad I said it out loud. Say something that you are wondering out loud today....see what happens.

8 comments:

Diane said...

Sometimes just saying something out loud breaks its hold on you. Your friends sound great too!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

What a wonderful (and FUN!) friend to have! Thanks for this post...I've been feeling rather gloom and doom and this put a smile on my face!

Amy said...

I love fun mail.. Have a great weekend.

Missy said...

I fear when I hear words coming out of my mouth! LOL

Anonymous said...

Your friend sounds wonderful.

j said...

what a great friend. amazing how that can totally turn your world around. :) i wish we lived closer together (for the millionth time i say it). we'd have good times. :)

Unknown said...

Friends are the best aren't they? I am glad your friend shared some fun and laughter with you. Have a great day!

Sara Elizabeth said...

It sounds like you have a wonderful friend.