Wednesday, January 28

Counting Sheep...


I lay in bed with pencil and pad. Writing in the dark. Lead scratches where ever the point hits. My emotional floodgate is open, spraying words, thoughts, memories. One comes and another waits impatiently behind it. It's the future, it's the past, my pencil can not keep up. Eyes shut. I'm stirring. Eyes open. There is a dim glow coming from the computer. Slowly, my pencil dances across the page again.

Another day is ending while the start of the new day begins. The clock reminds me of the lost sleep. Why is anxiety building? I'm exasperated by the unknown. In an attempt to collect my ramped thoughts I lay my head back listening to the manufactured wind that soothes me into nightly slumbers. Tonight is it not working. We all face sleepless nights, but fail to collect the reasons.

I watch my husbands chest rise, lungs intake the air and feel his silent breath. He provides me with so much love and security. Shallow pockets and full hearts. We make the best of each day waiting to establish a routine while avoiding the disasters of consistency.

"Simply Sleep" that is how it reads....wouldn't that be nice. I shallow the little blue pill. Maybe I should take some Simply Skinny while I am at it.

(Picture taken when Jaige and I were in Idaho...)



If you are looking for the YuMmY Valentine's give-a-way, CLICK HERE.

8 comments:

Mojo said...

Cool photo! Not so cool theme, though. Insomnia and I are old, old friends. Hate it for ya.

Jill said...

I hope the sleeping pill worked. I hate sleepless nights, and am always frustrated when they come around.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pic! Awesome post!

larkswing said...

Your writing is wonderful! I love the way you can describe where you are in such detail. Great photo too!

michelle said...

The worst thing about not being able to sleep is having someone blissfully unaware next to you... that and watching the clock and calculating how much sleep is possible now!

Please let me know when they come up with Simply Skinny!

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

Oh, I love Simple Sleep - I take it every night! However, I'd definitely give it up for Simply Skinny - great idea!

Anonymous said...

I counted forty four sheep heads. All in all, I think there are more than fifty in there... (yawn) Now, I feel sleepy! LOL!

BPOTW said...

Very poetic way to describe something that is so frustrating! At least your getting your thoughts down.

Thanks for sharing with BPOTW!