Wednesday, December 31

New Years Travel...Idaho to Michigan to Maine


4:45 a.m. came really early. The borrowed dog of my sister-in-law laid between my husband and I. This is a better scenario than last night, going to bed with the dog wrapped around my husbands head while I got the butt end of him...oh no, that was not going to work. Paralyzing my legs, Sandler plopped down, a big sigh, snuggle-snuggle, kick-kick and off to sleep. Doggy slumber.

We are heading to Maine to bring in the New Year with my husband's sister, father and spouses. I inconveniently forgot my ski jacket...luckily there is a Patagonia store in Freeport where we are staying. Hint-Hint...Wink-Wink.... not like I have been eying this coat or anything. :D Serious mistake if my plan falls through, a seriously cold mistake.

I saw the blood drain from my brother-in-laws hands while clutching the arm rests fearing for his life. The high winds slapped against the windows and rocked the plane. His fear of flying is my humor outlet. Sadly, it is like seeing someone fall or trip. Of course, I offer assistance while stifling my giggles. Popping Zanny... like tic tacs hasn't touched his anxiety. I overheard him talking to the couple next to him. When they asked where he was going without a pause he said “the bar” forget Maine, his next stop was to belly up. While he and Jack got reacquainted we tried to enjoy our $72.00 breakfast served on plastic plates. I thought for sure there was a mistake, then I thought about my limited options for payment due to the plastic I was unable to wash the dishes.

Now, my blood stained eyes are fluttering from fatigue as we wait for our second flight. The cold Cleveland winds bluster through the doors as passengers depart. Humm, no winter coat. I am wearing sensible shoes, does that count for anything?

We're here! My sister-in-law just said her belly hurts from laughing and eating too much....

HAPPY NEW YEAR...

15 comments:

Alyson | New England Living said...

Happy New Year's! You're going to have a New England holiday like us, but even colder up there. Have fun and I hope that coat finds its way onto your back ASAP!

Kimmy said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! And get that coat you haven't been eyeing for some time :o)

Happy New Year!

Cassie said...

Happy New Year! Good luck with the new coat and no matter how cold you get until you have it...just keep your eye on the prize!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year A and J. Did either of you make a New Year's Resolution? Have a great time in Maine.

Love ya,
JVS

Ronnica said...

Happy New Year! I saw you on SITS; I did a post today (okay, yesterday since it's now the 2nd) on my resolutions.

I don't think I could sleep with a dog, especially one that is not mine!

Jill said...

I'm always grateful that I'm not afraid of flying because that's sort of a necessary evil.

Your trip sounds oh so chilly, but belly laughing is one of my favorite things.

AngiDe said...

Hey Happy Be-lated New Year! Hope you have a healthy and good 2009!

Angie
"Nana's Box"

Debra said...

I saw you blog when I was visiting Alexis'. The picture of the lab lured me to yours. I have a yellow lab and I got tickled with the story about the dog. One time I woke up thinking I had my arm around my husband. When I opened my eyes I realized I was spooning with Brutus and he was on his back all four paws up! LOL! This is a 141 pound dog, so he is nearly as big as my hubby. The advantage with Brutus over my hubby is that he has never complained about me hogging the bed! Ha,ha!

Aunt Julie said...

Hope 2009 is everything you expect, and more! BTW, I've got a Giveaway goin' on at my place...please drop by!

Kimmy said...

I left you something on my blog. Check it out when you have a chance :o)

Mitzi said...

Loved reading your blog. You sound alot like my daughter.

larkswing said...

Hope you are having a great time!

Ann Harrison said...

Hello Ann! I'm an 'Ann-no-e-' as well. And I see we share the same zodiac sign! How cool.
I'm following you from Eat Your Veggies.
I'm off to go look around your blog world!

Ann Again... and again
http://annagain66.blogspot.com/

AngiDe said...

Hey Ann, hope you made it to Michigan safe....I gave you an award... come check it out!

Angie
"Nana's Box"

michelle said...

I so want to go to Maine... someday.

Love your snowy banner!